Svetlana portrait

Images of people & pets
George Ismailov

Svetlana portrait

Post by George Ismailov » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Hello, folks!

Been running through photos dated a year or two back, and came across a series of shots I took of my friend (and at the time my colleague) Svetlana. This series was taken with a USSR-made MC Jupiter-9 85/2 lens which was a copy of Zeiss Sonnar. The significance of this lens is its 15-bladed(!) aperture which renders perfect round light circles at any f/* value.

Anyhow, a few words about the photo itself: taken in old office where I worked a few days before 2017, when there was not much work left to do. This was my favorite place for photo taking at work because there was a huge panoramic window near the elevators allowing tons of light in for good lighting and contrast. Used Canon EOS 550D camera + MC Jupiter-9 85/2 lens mentioned above @ 1/100, ISO 800. Cannot recall the aperture value - perhaps f/4 or f/5.6. The picture turned out lovely :)

Roderick

Re: Svetlana portrait

Post by Roderick » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:01 pm

She's lovely, George :-)
The detail in her hair is great and I like the way it softens as you go further into the photograph.
Beautiful clear eyes and the grey soft tones.

Reciprocityrules

Post by Reciprocityrules » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:11 am

Very Nice George! Those Jupiter lenses are really interesting. There's a guy on the M 4/3 forum that frequently uses them. They render some very nice images, and a good photographer also helps ;) . I am a bit distracted by the darker tone on her upper lip. I am not sure what it is, but it looks like she has something dark on her upper lip in the middle.
Jonny

George Ismailov

Post by George Ismailov » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Thank you for your comments guys! I will share with her ;-)

@Jonny, I don't see anything that you describe in your reply...

geedee

Post by geedee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:37 am

Lovely indeed George, you created an engaging image of a very pretty girl, a very nice piece of work, thanks for posting.

George Ismailov

Post by George Ismailov » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks, Geedee! I follow a rule that a photomaster friend of mine has taught me - "The photo must be put aside for a bit". After certain time you will look at the same picture differently than at the time of capture.