Bugatti and BMW go head to head.

Images of all sports
geedee

Bugatti and BMW go head to head.

Post by geedee » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:30 pm

I took quite a few pics in the Paddock at LeMans Classic 24 hrs not at all sure if they might be classified as sports photography.. any thoughts..?
With so many priceless sports/race cars from vintage through to the 80`s or thereabouts, it was a petrol heads dream come true.. :D

Most of the vehicles were stabled within a series of long white tented temporary shelters which along with bright sunlight made for a measure of difficulty in deciding upon exposure settings.... thank goodness for the availability of modern PP processes..

f 2.8 1/250th auto ISO 125 Nikkor 24-70@ 35mm pattern metering.

Any thoughts, questions or PP gladly received..
Attachments
_DSC3156.jpg
_DSC3156.jpg (880.41 KiB) Viewed 115 times

Reciprocityrules

Re: Bugatti and BMW go head to head.

Post by Reciprocityrules » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Yes...PP is nice. However, I love my electronic viewfinder because I can see the image as it will appear. Mirrorless Gedee - lighter, great stabilization, all kinds of technology that will spin your head. When I looked into what camera to purchase, I went mirrorless because of no moving parts. I figured I was going to take a lot of crap shots, so I didn't want to wear down the camera. All of my gear fits into a relatively small bag and off I go. I know it's not the best, but I still shoot thousands of images when I'm out. The stabilization is very nice too. A lot of my shots are hand-held, 840mm equivalent and 1/250. If light gets low, I use the monopod or a support and lower the shutter speed. I don't think I'll be buying new kit for a while. I disliked my EM5 MII, but the glass has the biggest impact on images. I really like my EM1 MII; maybe not the best, but good enough for me!
Jonny

geedee

Re: Bugatti and BMW go head to head.

Post by geedee » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 am

Given the images you post here captured with your kit how could anyone argue against your logic Jonny....(-: As a bit of a gear junkie and being at the age I am, I guess my photographic choices have a measure of influence relating to the past with a measure of acceptance of the present, and perhaps a grudging look to the future as I slowly get left behind... guess it is just an old man kinda progression..(-: Yup that which I lusted after in my youth and managed to acquire a version of in my dotage was perhaps out of date by the time I acquired it, but it is what it is and for now I will work with it as best I can, and I am enjoying sharing the process, even if it seems I am limiting myself in the process to some degree...

There is no doubt that weight is an issue, even for young strong folk who can hike all day... we all have our limitations and some will push themselves in search of capturing something worthwhile... On my recent trip I was faced with blazing sun and heat well beyond that of my usual climatic zone thus tended to try to limit my kit to my D800 and Nikkor 24-70 when walking around LeMans which was less than ideal for on track action but great for pics in and around the paddock, and those pics were a priority for me. The further south I travelled the warmer it got and in the hillside Medieval town it was hard work carrying myself up the steep inclines let alone the weight of camera gear, so once again the 24-70 worked out as the go-to lens.

One last thought... I took a few pics of hot air balloons, as did my wife, She ended up with the best pic.... taken with her iPhone.... sigh.!!