Sportscars on track.

Images of all sports
geedee

Sportscars on track.

Post by geedee » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Fortunately, I have a measure of confidence in the water resistance of my kit thus when the rain began I did not pack my camera away and managed to get a couple of wet action pics..

CC welcomed.
Attachments
_DSC4683.jpg
_DSC4683.jpg (398.02 KiB) Viewed 179 times

Roderick

Re: Sportscars on track.

Post by Roderick » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:19 pm

A mighty shot, Geedee. You captured the torrental rain and the Caterham (Loutus super 7) brilliantly.
Looks like he doesn't even have hit lid up !

geedee

Post by geedee » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks Rod, bone domes were a prerequisite for those taking to the track. I had gone along expecting to see a PCT (Production Car Trial) which I have photographed a few times previous, and when I discovered that it was a track day where the cars are moving a tad quicker :) I had no expectations of capturing anything worthwhile as there was a lot of reflection from windscreens and polished paintwork, fortunately I was able to recover quite a few pics in PP by reducing highlights, I made use of the Tamron 150-600 and the Nikkor 24-70 as I tried to cover a wider area of the track while also trying to incorporate some detail of the drivers in some pics. I might have thought that a CP filter would have the potential to cut down on glare though while panning one would have to take into consideration the position of the sun...hmm, PP seems simpler...? Of course a few minutes of very heavy rain sure added a bit of drama. I wish I could claim to have selected settings to highlight the streaks created by the falling rain, but that was down to luck in the settings I had previously selected....

CC welcomed.
Attachments
_DSC4312.jpg
_DSC4312.jpg (514.3 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Roderick

Post by Roderick » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Nice shot of two geezers off shopping in their ma's Cleo !

geedee

Post by geedee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 am

Thanks Rod, I was quite pleased with that one. Think the subtle tricolour on the grill determines it is a Turbo or some other sporting variety.. thus quite quick :)