Aston Martin (take 1)...

Images of anything not covered by specific genres
Happy Grumpz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aston Martin (take 1)...

Post by Happy Grumpz » Wed May 30, 2018 12:52 pm

This is a shot I've been meaning to do for soooo long, the Aston Martin garage is less than 5 minutes from my house.

Last night I passed the garage and thought BAM, this is my chance!

It was late, raining ever so slightly, like that really fine rain, I didn't have a tripod so had to put the camera down on the ground to take the shot so everything was against me.

This is a major case of not concentrating and being in a rush creating issues that can't be fixed in post processing but could so easily have been avoided...

Anyway here's the image...

Image_7R30381-Edit by Matt Smith, on Flickr

The 2 spot light reflections directly behind both front wheels are really bothering me :evil: If I'd have moved about 2 feet to my right I'd have completely avoided the issue.

I guess it gives me an excuse to go back and try again.

MarkM

Re: Aston Martin (take 1)...

Post by MarkM » Thu May 31, 2018 2:36 pm

Outstanding, especially before no hand held. The spotlights don’t bother me. Are the spotlights yours that you used, or annother source? The perspective and rain reflections on the ground are really cool. Beautiful portrait!

Happy Grumpz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Happy Grumpz » Thu May 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Thanks, Mark.

The spotlights are dotted around the car, I think there's 6 in total (fixed in the ground).

Roderick

Post by Roderick » Thu May 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Gone in 60 seconds......
Your analysis of your picture is very interesting. I suppose it comes from having a professional and educated eye. :-)
Great angle - you know its an Aston immediately.
I had the same issues as you a few years ago. A Fiat dealership across the road with a Ducati Streetfighter in the window. They had to chaise me away with a hose.
Its a car supermarket now.... :-(

Reciprocityrules

Post by Reciprocityrules » Thu May 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Well, if they're close and don't chase you away, we'll see take 2. Nonetheless - beautiful mood to the shot.
Jonny

grimlock361

Post by grimlock361 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:02 am

Stunning work!
Kristopher Bedgood
www.361photo.net

geedee

Post by geedee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Been photographing cars for years... never managed one that good Matt, you are blessed with The Eye for sure...(-:

Your image is spoiled to some degree by it not displaying on full on my laptop I have to scroll to see the nose at which time the boot goes out of view... hmm.

BTW Rod, think Astons are not looking as special as they once did, perhaps since Ford decided to use the Aston rad shape in some of their mundanemobiles..? Types he who runs a old Ford p-up truck..!! (-: